Sunday, August 28, 2011

Random

*We survived the first week of school- some of us better then others.  Tyler had a rough start and we had two different phone calls from Tyler's teachers and an IEP meeting on Thursday.  But, Friday was a great day so hopefully things will get better.  It always takes him about a week to settle into a new routine and get used to a new teacher.  He is spending half his day with the resource teacher and half with his regular class- I think this will work really well for him.  It will allow him to work on the basics- reading, math, writing, etc.- more on his level and with extra support.

*Janae has chosen to take early morning seminary this year which here in Utah is not really that early (7 a.m.) unless you are used to sleeping in until 9 a.m. then it feels very early.  Between soccer, seminary and school she pretty much has a full time job leaving that house about 6:55 a.m. and getting home after 5 p.m. (except game days when she isn't home until 7:30). 

*The ward camp out was this weekend and although I usually look forward to it I just couldn't get excited this year.  The girls and I didn't spend the night while the boys stayed to get Daniel a night of camping for scouts.  They had to pack up really early to get Daniel home for a 8:30 a.m. football game.  Daniel is enjoying tackle football this year- as a mother I wish he would pick a gentler sport (golf, tennis, etc) but he claims to love it!

*Katie starts kindergarten tomorrow and she can hardly wait...she is ready but Lyla and I will miss her.  Good thing it is only half day!

* I had my first migraine this morning.  As we were getting ready for church I noticed that my vision was weird, then a headache and then nausea then the puking.  It was not good- I ended up taking 3 Advil's and sleeping through church- still have a headache but it's much more manageable.  I just couldn't believe how fast it hit me!  Makes me grateful for my normally healthy body!

No comments: