Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to the Grind



School, school.  I have a love/hate relationship with school. School brings busyness- homework, soccer, football, dance, 4-H, scouts, and of course the dreaded early morning.  I am not naturally a morning person and this morning Janae's alarm when off at 4:40 a.m (why so early? This is another post all together.)  Yes, that is very early...tomorrow it will be 5:30 a.m.- still very early. But, I love that I have some quiet hours during the day.  This morning I  accomplished more by 9 a.m. than I was able to do most days during the summer.   The two girls seem so easy after a summer with everyone- when you add in friends the noise and mess in the house seem to multiply exponentially- some days it's madness.  No more fights about the Wii (I started to hate that little white box) and no more lunch for a crowd.   But, I love having my kids home.  Love the freedom of summer- what should we do today??  Park, pool, nothing?

Change is good- we will embrace the homework, schedule, early bedtime at least until the end of May (actually March when school burnout hits) then we will be ready for the freedom of summer again.

No comments: