Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Lyla's Blessing

We blessed Lyla on Sunday and it was a great day. My parents came from Colorado for the weekend and we enjoyed having Jared's parents, Alena and Jo (and kids), Steph and Sarah, Rex and Taeh and my Grandma here for the blessing. My Mom and Grandma made Lyla a beautiful dress and it was wonderful to have so much family support! Jared gave Lyla a beautiful blessing and I was reminded again what an awesome man I married. He is a great dad and my best friend.

Lyla's colic seems to be resolving. Thank goodness! She is smiling and those smiles feel like little glimpses of what is to come. Years of happiness and love- there is also crying and misbehavior ahead but I think I have a different perspective than I had almost 12 years ago when I became a mother. I will cherish each stage! Right now I love the smiley snugly baby!





















9 comments:

Jan said...

Love the pictures! It was so fun to see not only you and your own family, but your parents too!

So glad the colic is getting better -- we went through that with Miss Maya and it was a rough 4 months.

Brian (Gus) and Kathy (Kat) said...

How wonderful! I love baby blessings! Great pictures!

Aryn said...

All of these pictures made me smile. Love the last one of the two (three) of you. I can't get over what a pretty little thing she is!

Stina said...

The blessing was amazing! I love baby blessings--hopes and dreams. The Plan of Salvation has so much more meaning once you become a parent! And she was a good girl!

courtney said...

Is it weird that I miss your parents? Fun for me to see pictures of them--and of course, your little doll. I think it's a riot to see all your kids, who look so like you and Jared. Congratulations, Melissa!

Jennifer said...

Such pretty pictures.

I confess I would take the physical demands of little babies over the emotional demands of teenagers anyday.

Somer said...

What a nice weekend.

April said...

She looks so beautiful!!! And by the way so do you.

becca said...

Fun to see you guys Janae! Your family looks beautiful and your baby is precious and so gorgeous!