Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Summer Grind

Today was one of those days where I felt like I couldn't get anything done- nothing stayed clean, everything took forever, couldn't organize myself to get things done.  But looking back on the day I really did accomplish a lot- 6 loads of laundry (all folded and put away), helped Janae paint her room (she did most of it I just pointed the way and helped set up some supplies), breakfast, lunch and dinner for small people (including the dishes), counting money for PTA and trip to the bank (this took much longer then we thought it would), date with my honey, moped the kitchen floor, 4 kids to swimming lessons, entertained 4 extra kids this afternoon with shaving cream and noodle beads and practiced piano with Katie (truthfully one of my most dreaded chores).  So, I wonder why I felt frustrated all day- I blame summer. I love summer mostly.  I love the freedom of no schedule- the staying up late and sleeping in.  I love the lovely summer nights and having my kids home but as the summer wanes I think I'm craving a schedule.  I need some alone time- some time to enjoy a clean house and finish the book I've been trying to finish for weeks.  I need the kids to go back to school-  but not yet.  First we will enjoy the last few weeks of freedom!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

so true...SO true :)

Kelly said...

yes your kids are growing so fast! just like my babies are:( it was good to see you all in Monticello!! cant wait for our reunion:)