Sunday, September 21, 2008

Big D

Next up in my children spotlight is Daniel.

He is silly, goofy, and usually mature when we need him to be. He is enjoying 3rd grade and it will be interesting to see how he does learning cursive writing this year. I'm afraid he's inherited my Dad's terrible writing (sorry Dad). It's a good thing he lives in the computer age where he will eventually type everything. Daniel is playing flag football this year and although he is not the aggressive sort he is enjoying playing the game. Daniel is great at math and is a good reader although we have to make him read- he would rather be out riding his bike or roller blades then reading a book. He also loves the computer and we have to monitor him closely or he would waste his life playing "toontown".

Some of the most annoying sounds on the planet come out of Daniel's mouth- I take comfort in knowing that the same kinds of sounds come out of the other 8 year old boys that we know!
Daniel is a great friend and loves to find people to play with- we are lucky that we live in a neighborhood with a lot of choices and Daniel can usually find someone to hang out. He is a good boy and I have enjoyed being in scouts with him!

I had a hard time finding pictures of Daniel alone- he has an aversion to the camera and most of his pictures look something like this....




We had a party for Jared's research team and there was a pie eating contest that Daniel loved! He was very enthusiastic and he was crowned the winner.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Winner of a pie-eating contest? I love him already! He's awesome.

Jennifer said...

How many times can I say on everyone's blogs how amazingly fast their kids are growing up?

I did not realize that Daniel and Tatiana were in the same grade.

Stina said...

I love these posts about your kids. It's fun to get to know them better and see them the way you do. And, I have to admit, I wish I could be in that pie eating contest!!