Thursday, August 28, 2008

Catch Up

I'm obviously very far behind and don't have time to catch up on the whole summer so I'll do the easy thing and post a few pictures and hit the high lights from this summer.

We went to Lagoon the July and had a great time! I think this is the first time we have ventured to an amusement part where everyone had fun. Jared took the older kids and did the more adventurous rides while I stuck with the little kids and had fun watching them enjoy the rides. Half way through the day we realized that Tyler is a dare devil and he loved some of the bigger rides. His favorite was the "Wild Mouse"- one that I hate.


These fountains really hit the spot on a hot July day- Tyler was in heaven!




Our good friends the Patterson's stopped in for a visit in June- it was fun for Kirsti and Janae to catch up. They have been friends since they were little babes in Kansas and it's always great for me to visit with DeAnn.


Janae tried track this year and found that she was pretty fast. Her favorite races were the 100 M and the 200M with her best race being the 200M. She also enjoyed doing the relays.



Daniel and I went to cub scout day camp at Camp Jeremiah Johnson. It was easily the coldest day in June and we froze but the boys still had fun. As scout leaders we consider it a success because no one was lost, shot, or other wise maimed. Pretty good for cub scouts when we give them bow and arrows and BB guns.

We spent a FHE at Trafalga miniature golfing. While Trafalga wasn't as great as I remember from my college days we still had a good time.


No 4th of July is complete without the parade in Provo. We missed the balloons this year because they were launching early because of the heat- we just couldn't make it to Provo by 5:30 a.m. We also did our cul-de-sac of fire and enjoyed visiting with neighbors and lighting fountains and sparklers in our street.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am cracking up about the "culdesac of fire" Very clever.

I used to beg the husband to get up early for the "balloon thing" in Provo when we were in Utah. Sadly we have been married long enough that now if I lived there I would just get up and go by myself. Or with you :)

Jan said...

Oh, how I love seeing the pictures of your family! This just makes me smile -- and (*of course! duh!) they are beautiful! I expected nothing less. Love it!